Hello Future Volunteer!
Our volunteers are a crucial part of our success and play a vital role in our day-to-day operations. Volunteers become part of our staff in a meaningful way and we hope we will earn an important place in your lives as well. It is essential to us that our volunteers experience making a difference in the lives of others by utilizing their talents, skills, and interests to the fullest extent!
Volunteer As An Individual
- Direct service opportunities (which require extensive training) include answering hotline calls, assisting as a court advocate, assisting as a shelter advocate, etc.;
- Assisting with annual special events such as the Paws for Peace Walk and It’s Takes Courage;
- Attending informational fairs and staffing booths on behalf of Harbor House;
- Assisting in childcare at the emergency shelter, etc.
There are many more opportunities for individual volunteers beyond those listed above!
The first step to volunteering is to fill out a Volunteer Application. Click here to fill out an application. Once you have completed the application, you will receive a registration form for the next Volunteer Orientation. Volunteer Orientation is required for all individuals wishing to volunteer regularly with Harbor House.
At Volunteer Orientation, we will discuss:
- Services and programs offered at Harbor House;
- Training opportunities and requirements;
- Various volunteer job positions;
- Rules and prerequisites for volunteering at Harbor House;
- Required paperwork, criminal background checks, etc.
Please email email@example.com with questions or concerns.
*Harbor House does NOT provide court-mandated community service hours. You must be 18 years of age to volunteer on an individual basis with Harbor House.
Volunteer As A Community Workgroup
- Adopt a room or common area at the shelter;
- Provide a hot meal for the survivors and their families;
- Provide activities for the children such as arts and crafts or water fun days;
- Wash windows and assist with minor maintenance repairs.
Your idea not on the list? No worries! The opportunities are endless.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a group event.
PLEASE NOTE: Because the shelter is fully staffed Monday through Friday 9am-7pm, we highly prefer that groups come out during those times.
*Harbor House reserves the right to deny or cancel an event if it is deemed unsuitable for the organization. Children under the age of 18 are allowed to volunteer in workgroups, but they must be supervised by a parent, guardian or group leader AT ALL TIMES.